Wednesday, August 01, 2007

For Funsies: Payoff vs. Kelly Blue Book (KBB)

There was once a time where the Kelly Blue Book was a super secret resource only available to car dealers and used car salesmen. With the coming of the internets, finally consumers have access to the "industry standard" information used (or abused) for so many years.

I don't know if I ever mentioned that when I sold my 2003 Cooper, I MADE MONEY on that deal. Around $3,800. I was doing similar research for a friend this morning and on a whim decided to check how my current investment is doing (lol). You know, for funsies!





As you can plainly see, based on KBB estimates (and we all know KBB estimates are on the high-end compared to others) if I sold my MINI today, I would make about $3,499. Which is about how much I put down on it. Eeeenteresting!

No comments:

Post a Comment