Sunday, May 06, 2007

Feliz Cinco de MINI!!

Brecht MINI in Escondido had a neat little event for the area MINIacs, "Cinco de MINI @ Brecht". It was a full-on Cinco De Mayo Fest! (I got some great video footage, but too bad I left my still-camera in the car, so you'll have to use your imagination!)

The on-site taqueria dude broke it down with good ol fashioned downtown street-cart style chicken, carne asada, and bean tacos! Yuummm!! (my friend said, "I never heard of bean tacos" to which I had to reply, "you need to get out more!")...

I discovered that mock-margaritas are no fun- even w/o the Tequila I still don't like them!...

What's a Cinco de Mayo with out Ballet Folklorico and Mariachis?!...

The parts desk had all their MINI schwag on the counters for everyone to drool on (yes, I did get another hat)...

Time to play.... Beat The Pinata!!...

The Brecht SCCA car was prominently displayed...

They had several 2006s on the lot and even a few 2007s too! Well, they've got one less because the neighbor of one of the WCMers bought one that day (which, of course, makes Mr. Brecht very pleased!)...

After the food and festivities, WCM lead a short run through some twisties... It was so much fun, most of the group of 43 MINIs headed back to Brecht via the switchbacks. Me? I had to head off to the freeway and get back home...

Overall it was very much fun and I am glad Brecht sponsored such a great event! I should write them a letter and thank them! (Yeah- I think I'll do just that!).

Whenever get the video edited I'll try and post it back on this entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment