Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mr. Bigglesworth Returns!

I am happy to announce that Mr. Bigglesworth has returned, 98% restored to it's original pristineness!

Turns out there was minimal body work needed and no paint involved. The rear right suspension was completely replaced as well as front control arm (the parts list is quite daunting). They also replaced all the black molding on the passenger side and front bumper.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the exception of a slight rattle at highway speeds that wasn't there before. This might get fixed by default after I mention that they (and I) totally missed a broken wiper fluid resevoir (as near as I can tell, the impact hit so hard that it got sandwiched, smashed, and cracked between the fender and body/frame?! Doh!)

They also forgot to replace the jack support stand which was ripped from the frame and thrown who knows where. Can't blame em though- I can't find this item in the parts book! I got it back on Friday and only those two not-so-little oversights. I don't notice any sign of painting but this morning I noticed the sill on the passenger side has scratches and dings in it that weren't there before. Should I complain about that? Other than that, they did a pretty good job.

I hope I don't notice more "slight aberrations" in the coming weeks.

Motor Safe.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Somewhere out there, it lurks, waiting...

    http://madrugada.saadiq.org/wp-content/images/IMG_3276.jpg

    ReplyDelete