Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You Know What The Best Part Is?

(lifted from the forum)...


I was on a cruise for the past week in Hawaii, and of course I brought all my MINI t-shirts with me. One day this elderly guy walks up to me, "You work for MINI?"

I say "Nope, just an obsessed enthusiast"

He says "I just got a MINI Cooper --pauses for effect and says "S" with a smile--Convertible. You know the best part about it?"

I say "Hmm, no?"

"I got it for FREE! My son bought it for me"
"You know I can get more than 200 HP with that JCW thing???"

I say "Yep! Congratulations! Are you on NAM---or any MINI forums?"

"Naww, I don't have time for that crap, I just love to drive. I don't want to talk about my car. I have better things to do with my time!"

He walks me over to his wife and smiles to her, "Meet Richard, he owns a MINI."

"Oooh that's nice! Did you know WE have a MINI Cooper Convertible??"
She leans close to me and gives me this sly smile
"It's an S"
Expecting me to be wowed, I say "Yes, that's a nice car"
She says "Do you know what the best thing about it is??"
"Uhm, that you got it for free???
"Yep!"

LOL, I was cracking up.



(i did not write this. i was not on a cruise. i just thought it was funny enough to share. i'm pretty sure "richard" doesn't mind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment