Well it looks like the ol' Coop is just about sold! And by sold, I mean, I got an offer today I could live with.
Not necc. the "best" offer, or what I'd hoped, or what I could possibly pull in with more haggling (and time). I could have haggled over a brand new windshield, or new brakes, or new clutch, or chrome or floor mats or AUX input or spankin new tires... Yeah- If i wanted to stand in the sun for another couple hours (it was literally 100 degrees by the time I received an acceptable offier!)
However, a solid, reliable, offer with a valid checking account? Considering that my 06 should be arriving in six-to-eight days, I guess I can't pass it up. Now for final prep:
- swap aftermarket tires and wheels for OEM tires and wheels
- final cleanup and clearing out of personal effects
- sneaking away a few accoutrements that no one should notice, and
- planting a couple "easter eggs" (Why am I the only one that thinks that is cool?)
- figuring out how I'm gonna get home and to to work for the next week?!?!?